Saturday, December 13, 2008

6 Month Dr. Appt

His 6 month checkup went well!

Weight: 17 lb 2 oz (45th percentile)
Height: 26 in (24th percentile)
Head: 45.3 in (85th percentile)

This boy is all brains. ;o)

There's really nothing to report. Dr. Nau said he is "healthy and thriving." When he was checking him over, Maddox was giggling because he was being tickled! Dr. Nau said we should be working on 2 meals a day which I had already started and Maddox is doing well with. He is right on track for milestones. Dr. Nau said he should be sitting assisted and Maddox is close to sitting by himself. Dr. said to keep in mind that he is top heavy. ;o) He said he should be crawling by the next appointment which I think it will be far before his next appointment. He should be able to roll and boy can he roll. He should be grabbing things and putting them in his mouth and passing them from hand to hand. BTW, he passes things from his right hand to his left hand and then plays with them / shakes them. I do think he is going to be left handed.

Shots were worse than the last two times which I believe is because he is "smarter" now. It wasn't the scream where he quits breathing, but an actual cry where he was just pissed at us and mad that we would do such a thing! Plus the fact that he doesn't just lay around anymore made the rest of the day difficult. Whenever he would stand or I would sit him up he would start crying because it hurt. I gave him tylenol and we had to give him tylenol in the middle of the night too.

No comments: