Monday, May 4, 2009

AHHH, STUPID EAR INFECTIONS!

Maddox had his ear infection followup this morning. After a looong weekend, I knew it wasn't going to be good news. On Saturday night, he went to sleep at 7, woke up at 11 and was a monster until 3! It was really awful - the worst night ever for him. He has never done that - not even when he was a newborn. The last time he slept almost that bad was his first ear infection in December - and this time was worse than that.

Sure enough - it is still full. So we moved onto the shot (Rocephin). It is a big shot and Maddox screamed but Mitch had him calmed down after a couple minutes. Mitch had to take him since it was in the morning and I had a meeting that I shouldn't miss at work. He has to get another shot Wednesday and another Friday. Friday Dr. Nau will check his ears again.

The next step is tubes. I'm definitely ready to be done with this ear infection mess but I would rather not have him need surgery. I know it's a minor surgery but the fact that heaven forbid things could go wrong scares me big time. :o(

Are you sick of reading about ear infections on here yet? Well I'm sick of typing about them and I know Maddox is sick of having them. Being the nerd I am, I created a calendar to show the days that Maddox has been in pain since cutting his first teeth and its obvious that pain is all he knows. This is being "generous" assuming that 3 days before and 3 days after a new tooth, he is hurting. Same thing with ear infection - 3 days before I take him to the doctor, he is probably hurting already - if not longer than that especially recently since they are harder to discover - and 3 days after unless it carried through to the next followup. Poor guy! He probably thinks it's normal to always be in pain. You can see when he started sleeping through the night in January but that came to an abrupt stop and there has been no end in sight since the end of January. You can see that he's really only had 2 weeks off since January 24th!


It's hard to read, but the red days are days that a tooth cut through or the doctor confirmed an ear infection. The weekend that he had the stomach flu is also included in red. I know, I know, I should find better things to do with my free time. ;o)



2 comments:

RiverWed070707 said...

So will this calendar creation of yours go in the baby book? lol.

Poor guy! Hope he gets better soon.

Jessica said...

It's going to have to. How pathetic!