Thursday, June 18, 2009

Sick again and 1-year pictures

Maddox was sick today. He has a fever over 102. It's probably an ear infection - we meet with the ENT tomorrow. So here's what he got to do all day since I had to be at work...


And for my loyal blog follower, Chelsey, as requested, here are Maddox's 1 year pictures. :o) I haven't decided which ones to order yet, which is my #1 goal for this weekend. The pictures were taken by my coworker's wife who does photography in her home. She does a great job! We were hoping to take outside pictures but it was a crappy day. They turned out great anyways. The best thing about her is that she gives you a CD of all of the pictures she took (we took 100) with the print release so I can do whatever I want with them. The next best thing is that she edits the best photos and saves them in an online gallery that you can order prof. prints from but then never bugs you about purchasing from her (even though I will of course). I highly recommend her if you are in the area.

Diana's Photo Expressions - http://www.dianasphotoexpressions.com/


I'm a sucker for black and white...










I would love to get into photography and do what Diana does someday in the future. So I asked her how she got into it. She actually just bought her first DSLR last summer (also a Canon like mine but different) and her and her husband took a class in photography together. She gave me some great information including the name of the guy that taught the class and his photography store that has been really helpful for her.
Someday when I have more free time I'll get more serious about it, but until then I'm just playing with my new camera to figure it out. I had my first photo shoot a couple weeks ago with Avery Jo and I think I can finally post the pictures since Teisha got her birth announcements sent out. ;o) I'll do that over the weekend.

2 comments:

Chelsey said...

THANK YOU! Of course the pictures are excellent. And now that you've shared you plan to post Avery's photo shoot, you better believe that if by Sunday evening they aren't on here, I'll be reminding you :) Haha!

ckgreen said...

LOVE the pictures!