Then around 7:50, the nice nurse came over with some stickers. Maddox loved them. While distracted by the stickers, she snucik him away from me. :o( We waited until he was long gone so he wouldn't see us before we wandered out into the hallway and back to our little personal waiting room to wait...and wait...AND WAIT. 8:10 rolls around and I start panicking. Minus a nervous stomach, I really hadn't been that nervous all morning until then. WHY hadn't Dr. Griffith come to talk to us like he said he would right away after the 10-15 minute procedure?? It had been 20 minutes - the longest 20 minutes of my life. I sat and watched the second hand on the clock until he walked in at 8:15. All was well! Except Maddox woke up pissed as most little ones do. Sure enough, the nurse brought him in and he was all out of sorts. He was a little loopy (had to make sure his head didn't flop back) and crying and screaming. We gave him his sippy of milk which he would only take a few drinks of. He was passed out on my shoulder after 5 minutes.
We weren't out of the hospital until 8:50. They take the youngest first, but we met up with one of Maddox's best buds from daycare when we got there. We had to wait for him to get his tubes first. ;o) Poor little guys.
The doctor said that his left ear was full of fluid and his right ear was full of gel. I'm excited for Maddox to really be able to hear for the first time in 6 months. He warned us that Maddox could be scared of loud noises - vacuum, sirens, etc for a while. No more sleeping through a loud canon shot like he did at the VEISHEA parade. ;o)
Here's the little guy after surgery with the raccoon he got from the nice nurses. He's been up and running around as if today is a normal day.
And now:
Thank you for all of your thoughts and prayers. ;o)
2 comments:
LOL - Jessica! You sound EXACTLY like me on that day. When you said "waited . . . and waited . . . and WAITED" - I expected you to say it took an hour or something! HAHA! You're right, it's the longest 20 minutes of your life - but now looking back on it, it wasn't bad, was it!? Jase was a TERROR coming out of the anesthesia - but was calmed down in five minutes too when he got to eat a popsicle. And just like you said, he's running around like nothing happened - just wait for the next few days and nights - you're going to have a happier Maddox! Jase wasn't walking yet at his tubes time - but was walking within a week (I think his balance was off because of all the pressure in his ears) and started talking up a storm.
Well - when they say it will take 10-15 minutes I expect an update by 15 minutes!!
I swear he can already tell a difference. He hasn't stopped talking since waking up from his 3.5 hour nap this afternoon and was walking/running in circles around the living room better than he ever has before. Maybe I'm just imagining. ;o)
Post a Comment