Monday, August 3, 2009

Roseola

Turns out Maddox had the roseola virus. His fever was gone today and the rash appeared on his face, neck, stomach, and back. So when the rash appears that apparantly means the fever should be gone for good. If not, we should go back in Wednesday or so.

He's still soooo crabby and clingy and not sleeping well. He was up screaming and flailing all around multiple times in the middle of the night. He wants up, but then he wants down and then throws a major fit when you put him down. We're exhausted. When we got tubes at the beginning of the month, we thought we were in the clear of sickness for a while. Then less than a month later, he gets sick. Not related to his ears at all, but still frustrating. This kid has been to the doctor at least 3 times a month for the last 7 months. Poor thing.

If I got one thing out of this one, it's that I now know that a fever of 104.5, racing heart, and fast breathing all at once is okay in a kid. Although I hope Maddox never has to go through that again - he was just miserable.

Solution for a sick, clingy toddler...
























Being sick doesn't mean there isn't time for reading...


2 comments:

NaNa (Grandmama) Chris said...

Maddox's Uncle Josh and Uncle Jamie had roseola virus about the same age and I remember it wasn't fun, pretty scarey and I remembered them covered with the rash all over their body and it was a hot summer with no air conditioning! Glad to hear Maddox is doing better. I feel for you Jess, hope you can get some much needed sleep! Mitch, too.

CharleyRaye said...

poor Maddox :( My nephew has roseola right now too :( it doesn't sound very fun...I hope he is starting to feel better!