Sunday, July 11, 2010

Summer Weekends

As a working mom, there is nothing better than the weekends, especially summer weekends.  Weekdays are crazy...when we get home it is time for supper, baths, bedtime, and then there's always dishes or laundry to do.  So it isn't until the weekend that I can finally sit back and really enjoy my time and my family.  Most summer weekends we usually have big plans but not this weekend!

Our biggest plan this weekend was a trip to the new aquatic center.  And Maddox and I did just that and loved it!  Maddox's favorite part was the zero depth entry pool. 

My favorite part and something I've been looking forward to for years ever since I heard about the new aquatic center...THE LAZY RIVER!  And it did not disappoint.  Assuming we wouldn't be able to ride around it just Maddox and I, we decided to walk over there just to check it out.  I can't even explain my excitement when I saw the special double tubes - one big side for an adult - one little enclosed side for someone just Maddox's size to sit in.  I scooped one up and off we went!  Maddox was mortified, but within seconds was jumping up and down and hanging over the edge splashing in the water!   It...was...awesome.  Around and around we went hanging onto the sides to avoid going under the waterfalls.  Heaven.

There's just something about the weekend where you get to spend quality time reconnecting.  You can really enjoy your children and enjoy how easily they make your thoughts of work disappear.



You can enjoy watching your children really connect.


And this.....beautiful.....talk about forgetting work.





Scoping out the best fishing spot for the morning...

I'll say it again and again.  I wish every day was a weekend.


7 comments:

SteviLynn said...

Aww that really does sound like the PERFECT weekend!! How wonderful for you guys :))

Anonymous said...

Glad you guys enjoyed the Aquatic Center. Like I said in the text when I was there, all I thought about was Maddox LOVING this place. I will go with you guys next time. Glad you guys had a great weekend. Can't wait for Friday! :)

Teisha said...

What a great weekend!

{emily} said...

Glad you guys had a great weekend! That aquatic center sounds really fun!! :)

Julie O. said...

Great post! I noticed the Medela bottle - is that working better for Grady? Kara is a little more particular about how she eats than Ryan was. I started with Playtex drop-ins, which is what Ryan used and right now she's using a MAM bottle because those are the pacifiers she likes, but I was thinking about trying the NUKs - those are the ones my niece, Zoe, likes.

Jessica said...

Julie - don't let the picture fool you. Apparantly he does great with his playtex drop-ins at daycare but not so great with bottles at home. This was my second failed attempt at trying the medela bottles. He was not having it although that picture makes it look like it was going well. I have another picture of Alexa feeding him yesterday - she at least got him to drink about 1 oz out of his playtex bottle. He drinks all 4 oz at daycare, but he's too smart when he's at home and knows I should be feeding him.

Julie O. said...

Interesting....yes, I basically have to make myself scarce if I want her to eat anything from a bottle because if she hears my voice, she does not eat as much! I just love the drop-ins so much because they're so easy with nursing - can pump right into them and they are easy to warm up!