Sunday, August 19, 2012

Slapdash Ramblings

Friday I crossed the 37-week line. FULL TERM! You can come meet us now, baby girl!  My doctor's appt went really well.  All the normal stuff looks great...blood pressure, heartbeat, and size.  She is head down (very down), hips up and I am "very soft, at least a good cm dilated, and 50% effaced."  I was happy to hear that all the random contractions I'm having are doing a little work!  1 cm is a good starting point...I went to the hospital 1 cm dilated with Maddox and he was born 7 hrs later.  Now we just play the waiting game! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I took some family pictures yesterday.  Head on over and check them out.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Grady has now been binky-free for 3 weeks. Considering he has a big time binky baby/toddler, it was surprisingly easy to get rid of it. Mitch just randomly asked him one night if he could sleep without it since he’s a big boy now and he didn’t even put up a fight. He didn’t ask for it the next night. The 3rd night, I was cuddling with him at bed time and out of nowhere he said to me in deep thought, “I’m not a big boy. I’m a little boy.” Which is weird because usually he argues that he’s a big boy. I agreed with him that he was kind of little still but growing up into a big boy and he dropped the subject. It was pretty adorable. He hasn’t mentioned it since.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I failed to mention here that we brought Fella “back to his family” in June. He had always been a biter and it had gotten REALLY bad especially with me. Then after he peed on my laundry 3 times in a week, I was done. Mitch brought him back to the shelter. He was part of our family for a whole year and him and Maddox were best buds, so I was mostly worried about the boys but they handled it great and they’re happy Fella is with his cat family now. He’s apparantly living the farm life now (or maybe Mitch just made that up but I’m not going to ask).


I have to admit this one makes me miss him...a little.

1 comment:

Gma Chris said...

Love the post, got goose bumps reading about your Dr. visit:) Won't be long and we'll meet lil Baby Girl Cleveland!!!!!!