
Grady: We really struggled with coming up with a boy’s name this time around and it was extra challenging since we didn’t know if we were having a boy or girl therefore had to come up with a name for both. We were still trying to stick with the J and M theme but just could not find anything we liked starting with those letters. The girl name we had was Jaylen. It was literally only a few weeks before I was due that we finally cracked down one night, decided to give up the J and M theme, and sat together going through the website nymbler.com which allows you to enter a name and returns “similar” names. We entered Maddox and were just searching through lists and lists of names. I really liked Brady but Mitch couldn’t get past the Brady Bunch. So when I came across Grady I threw it out there and Mitch’s eyes lit up. Grady Sizemore was an all-star centerfielder for the Cleveland Indians (at the time, not now thanks to some injuries, and I’m a little nervous about claiming him as Grady's namesake since he's young and has already made a few embarrassing mistakes in his life, ha :). The Irish name fit with his St. Patty’s day due date too. We immediately agreed on Grady.
Grady popularity in 2010: 314th
John: This is after his Grandpa Johnnie, Great-Grandpa John, Great-Great-Grandpa John, and Great-Great-Great-Grandpa John. It was really special to us carrying on a family name to another generation. I do secretly hope that Grady will carry it on to the next generation too someday.
 |
| Grady and his Grandpa John. Gulf Shores 2011. |
 |
| This picture is fabulous. Wish we all still had big hair like this. |
3 comments:
I love these posts. But you know that already :)
This picture (day) is one of my earliest memories!!!
I was sad when Mom told me that Shayla wouldn't wear my hand me down neon outfit because it wasn't cool enough.
Post a Comment