Ada had her 2.5 year checkup this month. She is a growing girl at 27 lb and 35 in. Both are around the 35th percentile and her head is near the 100th. "Typical Cleveland" percentiles says our doctor. We struggle to fit shirts over our kids heads and then they're baggy. Ada is developing right on track. I had fun doing the development checklist in the waiting room before our appt. Standing on one foot, hopping off both feet, drawing straight lines and circles and identifying what she thought a picture of a stick figure was..."Frosty the Snowman." :)
If you remember, at her 2 year checkup I pointed out that her soft spot was still open on her head and our pedi sent us for an ultrasound and some blood tests which were all normal (ultrasound confirmed that it was open). Well it is still open (just a fingertip) and so she wanted us to meet with the neurologist. On Friday, Mitch and Ada traveled to Iowa City to meet with the neurologist. She had to have an MRI and Mitch said she was a rock star laying in that thing. He said her brain looks perfect and that he isn't concerned at all about her skull not being completely closed so we can put that behind us.
-------------------------------------------
Maddox got an ear infection after he was finally cleared from the ENT in December. Of course. It was so mild though and cleared right up with meds. Hope that is it for him.
-------------------------------------------
Kallie on the other hand has been struggling big time with ear infections just like Maddox did when he was a baby. Grady had a few when he was a baby and then they pretty much disappeared by the time he was one. Ada has had maybe one (we can't remember for sure, maybe she hasn't had any). Kallie had one in November (amoxicillin), one in December (augmenten), a break in January, one in February (augmenten failed followed by 3 rocephin shots), and one in March which luckily started right before our appointment with the ENT. Our pedi had referred us to the ENT after her last one in February since it was so severe. She had a fever above 104 and the meds were not working. Not to mention Kallie despises medicine and is really good at spitting it out. Especially augmenten. I refuse to ever give that stuff to my kids again. I went back on the blog and I said that way back with Grady too...I should have read that before I agreed to it with Kallie.
When we went to the ENT, she had an ear infection so he of course recommended getting tubes and we were completely on board with that. He put her on Cefdinir and we went in for surgery Friday, March 20th. Having tubes put in is such a minor surgery, it only takes 10 minutes, but reminds me of how thankful I am for our childrens' general health. It is not easy having your baby taken away from you, hearing her scream down the hall, and then hearing her go quiet when they put her out. Not easy at all. But all went well and after a weekend of crabbiness and a doctor visit Monday for a rash (which turned out to be an unrelated viral rash), she is a new girl! She has been so very cheerful and sleeping and eating great. It makes you wonder how long she has been suffering. I think since November she has been full of fluid and it was probably making her head pound! I hope the tubes continue to be helpful for her as they were for Maddox.
At her 9 month checkup, she was 18 lb 9 oz and 28.5 inches. She didn't grow much in weight from her last checkup but we weren't surprised since her checkup was a few days after we had cleared her third ear infection...the worst one. She was still in the 60th/70th percentile for both and somewhere near 100th for her big noggin. Other than the ear infections, she is a healthy girl!
-------------------------------------------
Grady...no news is good news. :) He has his 5-year checkup in a couple weeks and I'm sure it will be a perfect report.


2 comments:
Sounds like a trying couple of months. Glad all are healthy now & Spring will help, too!
Glad to hear the kiddos are all on the mend now. I should have contacted you when Emma got her first ear infection two weeks ago….went in for hives and left with an ear infection! Had no idea! Parents of the year. I am sure you are a pro at knowing the moment they come on!
Post a Comment