Thursday, August 6, 2015

Kallie 15 Months

Kallie is 15 months now.  Say it isn't so.

We went to her checkup yesterday and she is a healthy little babe measuring 31 1/4 inches (74th percentile) and weighing 21 lb 8 oz (54th percentile) with a 48 cm head circumference (96th percentile).  "A Cleveland head" our doctor says.  It will be interesting to see if the baby of the family is taller than all of her siblings.  

Her ears have been perfect since tubes and the ladies at the office all still know her well and know she is going to scream at them from that ear infection phase earlier this year.  Thank you Rocephin shots.  She at least was a happy patient until the nurse touched her with the stethoscope. Maddox used to start crying already when we pulled into the doctor parking lot.  Maybe that will be Kallie at her next checkup.  Luckily Grady was there to console her..."Aww, it's okay Kallie.  I'll stand right by you for your shot.  I'll never leave you.  I promise."


It's a whole new world for Kallie now that she started walking.  It took her 14.5 months, but that is no surprise because she does things on her own sweet time when she is good and ready.  She essentially stood up one day and practiced walking back and forth for an hour by herself.  A couple hours the next day.  And then was up and walking all over with no turning back after that.  Now she wants to walk everywhere and wants little to do with being held much of the time.

She loves water and will run right in to any pool, river, or ocean by herself if we aren't watching closely.  Other favorites are playing outside, swinging, sliding, dancing, singing, talking, and giggling with her brothers and sister.  She talks a lot, mostly gibberish that we can't understand but she talks to us as if we can.  She also knows quite a lot of words such as Mom, Daddy, Dady (Grady), Ada, Bubba, Ball, Bird, No, Yeah, Mmm hmm, Bobbles (I think this started as bottle but now applies to all food/drink), Cheese, Mine, This, and Thank You to name a few.  I love hearing her sweet voice and especially love that she can ask for some things now instead of just screaming for what she needs.

She is still nursing usually around 4-5 times a day (morning, lunch, supper, bedtime).  I have been ready to wean since January (8 months old) but currently I am just thankful that we are down to those four times a day.  She completely refused formula and whole milk was a bust but she is loving 2% now!  Yay!  I never imagined breastfeeding a toddler but it's working for us right now so we'll see where it takes us.  Again, Kallie does things on her own sweet time when she is good and ready and I'm doing my best to patiently walk along beside her.  I went through a phase where I was a getting frustrated with it but now we are back in a groove and it has become an enjoyable part of our relationship again.  As with all matters of parenting, it isn't always easy and we go through phases and right now we are in the rewarding phase of it.




this face.  oh, my heart.

Happy 15 months Kallie.  You are loved beyond measure.

6 comments:

Teisha said...

Another great post! I just love her so much, even though she doesn't always love me back :)

Jessica said...

Whatever, she loves you so much...in her own little weird way.

Unknown said...

I love all of her facial expressions. adorable!

Anonymous said...

SWEET..!!!!!! Nuff said.

GGPA JC

Shayla Carlin said...

Love her. Love you. Love adorable Grady taking care of his sister. :)

SteviLynn said...

She is just too cute!! And Grady making her feel better aww so sweet:)