Tuesday, April 22, 2014

The Most Pregnant I've Ever Been

Well, here I am, 39 weeks 4 days, and still pregnant!  This girl has now won against her brothers and sister if staying in the womb the longest were a baby contest.  The previous record holder was Grady at 39 weeks 3 days.

And I’m starting to think it could be another week (or more, yikes!).  I might see my due date after all!  But at the same time it feels like I could go into labor at any moment and it has felt that way for a couple weeks now mostly based on my history.  I feel like a ticking time bomb.

Yesterday.  I look like I'm crying.  Maybe I was.
Everything is well with my health and baby’s health.  I had an appointment yesterday and everything checked out perfectly.  She’s growing, has a strong heartbeat, and is still active in there.  I’m 1 cm dilated and 80% effaced.  Before she checked, I told her that even though it’d be nice to hear some progress is being made, I would much rather hear that I’m 1 cm dilated since I know how quickly I can dilate when in actual labor so that is perfect.  I’ve never been more than 1 with any of the kids at my checkups.  I was given the option to be induced which I declined for now.  I’m still quite hopeful that she will come soon when she’s ready.

As for leaving the house and dealing with the constant staring and comments from strangers (and coworkers and everyone else), I've started playing the Madagascar penguins over and over in my mind...


5 comments:

{emily} said...

Good for you Jess! She won't stay in there forever :) I'm impressed you're still trying to smile at all the look/comments. I would just raise my eyebrows and give em a look like "yep I'm having a baby soon. What's it to you" :)

Teisha said...

I am seriously in awe at how similar to Avery she is acting (if the trend keeps up brace yourself, js) I was the same stats as you and declined getting induced as well. I think finally ten days later I let them break my water which is all it took to get her moving :) I love having that story to tell, though, so hang in there - she can't stay in forever! :)
I love love love the Madagascar reference!

Kim said...

Perhaps you should change your story to, "this is my 8th baby. Only 2 months to go!" Have a little fun with it!

Lindsie said...

You look fantastic, Jess!

Debra said...

I agree, you look beautiful!!!!